Leadership 101 is a series geared toward leaders of all levels – drawing on a mix of small-unit infantry leadership and business/special projects leadership – focusing on the foundations of leadership and the fundamentals of good leadership. It is aimed at strengthening the abilities of everyone from the junior leader (or commander) to the experienced, senior professional. We also hope and believe it will provide and enhance life skills for anyone regularly reading the series.
LET’S JUMP RIGHT IN –
- Leadership 101: Body, Mind, and Soul Required
- Leadership 101: Emotion and the Three M’s
- Leadership 101: Intuition and Service
- Leadership 101: Unlocking our spirituality
- Leadership 101: Crisis leadership
- Leadership 101: Destiny favors the prepared
- Leadership 101: Fear
- Leadership 101: Procrastination and Presence
- Leadership 101: Are leaders born or made?
- Leadership 101: Running with a sledgehammer
- Leadership 101: The “sharpening iron” of the family
- Leadership 101: Show, Don’t tell
- Leadership 101: The Awendaw Hump
— W. Thomas Smith Jr. is a former U.S. Marine rifle-squad leader and counterterrorism instructor who writes about military/defense issues and has covered war in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. He is a partner with NATIONAL DEFENSE CONSULTANTS, LLC, and he directs the U.S. Counterterrorism Advisory Team. He is a field grade officer in the S.C. Military Dept. He is the author of six books, a New York Times bestselling editor, and his articles appear in a variety of publications. Smith’s website is uswriter.com.
“a military expert” — USA TODAY
“W. Thomas Smith Jr. is one of the nation’s premier
counterterrorism and special operations experts”
—Medal of Honor recipient John Baker
“a recognized expert on terrorism and military issues”
— HUMAN EVENTS